John Losinski led us in the Pledge of Allegiance this morning. It was followed by a prayer by Greg Hilliker.
Fines were opened and there was no escaping the abuse of fines from John Losinski who out-bid everyone for the crown in Matt Mrasek’s absence. The worst fine of the day was on Jeff Dennings for trying to out-bid John for the privilege.
Jack Proffitt passed around a sign up sheet for Speaker Chair and for the Newsletters.
Delivery will be made next week for the orders that we have for Holiday Nut Sales.
Katrina Khouri blessed us with her lovely presence this morning to up date us on the World’s Greatest Office Party that will be held at Gateway Center on December 4th. Everyone is welcome to attend. VIP tickets will get you access to the suite hosted by our very own Dan Crannie.
Jeff Dennings won half of $26 from the raffle this morning.
Phil Holmblade was the gueast Speaker Chair in the absence of Joe Bushey. Chris Hamilton, the Executive Director of Old Newsboys of Flint, was our guest speaker. The Old Newsboys of Flint is celebrating its 90th anniversary.
Chris told us about the three main ways that they help the community.
- Christmas Box – This program provides an opportunity for parents that have children in need of gifts can apply for a Christmas package for the children.
- Shoes and Coats – This program partially sponsored by New Balance promotes Warm Hearts Healthy Starts for children. New Balance shoes are made in the USA.
- Emergency Funding – This program helps those in an emergency situation that need financial help in some way.
Chris reports that funding by donations has been steadily declining. Their annual paper sale accounts for 50% of their yearly income. The paper sale this year will be on December 12th.
Other events that you can participate to help raise money for the Old Newsboys are as follows:
- November 15th at 6:000 PM – Euchre Party Fundraiser – at American Legion Post, 3440 Morrish Rd, Swartz Creek
- November 22nd at 4:15 PM – Alumni Game Flint Generals vs Team Genesee County. Tickets include the Michigan Warriors game immediately following.
- December 3rd at 6:00 PM – The Blue Hawaiians Blue Christmas – at Luigi’s Restaurant & Pizzeria, 2132 Davison Rd, Flint
- December 12th at 5:00 PM – Old Newsboys Party – at Baron’s Motorcycle Clubhouse, 101 Genesee St, Gaines
For more information about sponsoring a child or events held by the ONB visit their website at http://www.onbflint.org.
Reminders were given as follows:
- Board Meeting, November 20th
- Whaley’s World’s Greatest Office Party, December 4th
- Old Newsboys of Flint Paper Sale, December 12th
Respectfully yours in optimism,